Paul and Howard talk about the doubt industry, medical skepticism, and Dr. Google as a force for good. Sometimes. Maybe.
You can find an error-filled transcript here.
- How views of medicine have changed over the last hundred years
- What is causing the current wave of medical skepticism? Data democratization vs … other stuff
- Effect sizes, blockbuster therapies as parachutes, and the decline thereof
- The future of medical democratization
Readings and Books Mentioned:
- ‘But I Saw It on Facebook’: Hoaxes Are Making Doctors’ Jobs Harder
- Merchants of Doubt: How a Handful of Scientists Obscured the Truth on Issues from Tobacco Smoke to Climate Change
- Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most
- The Butchering Art
Music & Disclaimers:
- Crossing the Chasm Kevin MacLeod
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Wholesome by Kevin MacLeod
Disclaimers apply and can be heard at the end of the episode.