Paul and Howard talk about healthy aging, from cell death, to diet, to centenarians, and exercise in-between. Financial geek that he is, Paul sneaks in a little riff about pension fraud too. There is a fairly crap transcript here.
- Healthspan vs lifespan, squaring the curve
- Cellular housekeeping and whether it can be catalyzed
- Diets — good, bad, and simple
- What we can learn from centenarian studies, and where are their flaws
Readings and Books Mentioned:
- Muscle mass and longevity
- Squaring off the lifespan curve
- Metabolic health and our muscles, tendons, and joints
- Supercentenarian and remarkable age records exhibit patterns indicative of clerical errors and pension fraud
Music & Disclaimers:
- Crossing the Chasm Kevin MacLeod Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Disclaimers apply and can be heard at the end of the episode.