Paul and Howard talk about surgical anesthesia with a special guest: Jon Bauman, Chief of Anesthesiology at St. John’s Riverside Hospital in Westchester, New York. There is a Fairly Crap Transcript™ here.
- What is anesthesia? Are you asleep? Where does your brain go?
- What do anesthesiologists do when patients are out?
- Local, regional, and general anesthesia
- The future of anesthesia, both in terms of technology and anesthesiologist careers
- The Butchering Art, by Lindsey Fitzharris
- A history of anesthesiology, Wood Library-Museum of Anesthesiology
Music & Disclaimers:
- Crossing the Chasm by Kevin MacLeod
- Marty Gots A Plan by Kevin MacLeod
Disclaimers apply and can be heard at the end of the episode.