Paul and Howard talk about air, exercise, lung function, and breathing in an age of wildfires and coronavirus. There is a fairly crap transcript here.
- Viruses and exercise
- A primer on lung function during exercise
- How much outdoor exercise is safe when air quality is lousy
- Best ways to limit your pollutant exposure
- Can air pollution negate the health benefits of cycling and walking?
- Air Pollution–Mediated Susceptibility to Inflammation and Insulin Resistance: Influence of CCR2 Pathways in Mice
- Should You Stop Exercising During Wildfire Season?
- Ambient Particulate Air Pollution and Daily Mortality in 652 Cities
Music & Disclaimers:
- Crossing the Chasm Kevin MacLeod Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
- Wholesome by Kevin MacLeod Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/5050-wholesome License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Disclaimers apply and can be heard at the end of the episode.