- New service wants to wrap an IRA around a dashboard for alternative investments. At least your portfolio of illiquid crap will have a tax advantage, right?
- “…in what has turned out to be a design flaw, LIBOR was constructed from a survey of a small set of banks reporting non-binding quotes rather than actual transactions”. Well yes, that would do it.
- Why don’t short-term interest rates respond as much to news? Blame not really having interest rates any more
- There are few things hedge funds like more than preying on other hedge fund’s busted portfolios and the subsequent fire sales
- Why having a neighbor with an electric car makes it more likely (kinda) that you won’t have one
- Lots of surprises in China’s share of various market sectors (Source: WSJ)
- Patients are experimenting with off-label drug use as an anti-aging gambit. What could go wrong? A lot.
- AT&T’s employees newly hate their employer, by which I mean HBO employees hate their new employer, of course
- A fake sex doctor, and why stupid scales better than smart